Normally my Tuesdays are really busy. This one has been busier than normal.
Something I missed was the recent 30th anniversary of one of the all time funniest movies. Caddyshack. Here are a few fun facts from Movifone:
- Like the character of Danny Noonan, the eldest Murray brother, Ed, actually won a caddie scholarship. The Chick Evans Caddie Scholarship helped pay his way through Northwestern University.
- Carl Spackler was based on a police officer/shell-shocked veteran that Harold Ramis knew.
- After playing cigarette-smoking tough guy Tony, Scott Colomby actually became addicted to the habit.
- Caddyshack’ was Dangerfield’s first major movie role
- , and despite his years as a hilarious stand-up, he was nervous about his performance; he constantly asked co-star Cindy Morgan if he was doing okay.
Be the ball:
Jonas and Sparks are leading a committee of 35 prominent young people touched by the life of the Gipper, the nation’s 40th president who left the White House in 1989.
The group was formed to commemorate Reagan’s 100th birthday on Feb. 6.
The National Youth Leadership Committee of the Ronald Reagan Centennial Celebration includes athletes, entertainers and student leaders who are under age 25. They have been inspired in a personal way by Reagan’s vision of freedom and his leadership.
“My father and my family were supporters of Reagan,” Jonas said. “I’m proud to be a part of this. It’s amazing.”