Saturday Morning Links: The Motor City Beard and Moustache Championship Edition

Tonight:

Join us, as we create history on April 16, 2011. GAFBO is teaming up with the Detroit Beard League, The Great Lakes Beard and Mustache Camaraderie, and Grand Circus Media to bring you an epic night of epic epicness. We will have beards. We will have mustaches. We will have live music provided by Detroit Beard League founder and 2009 WBMC veteran Mike Dutkewych. We will be featuring local artists and their facial hair masterpieces.

Sounds like a really good time.

Obama’s Budget Speech Mentions the Death Panel?

CP Jukebox…Tea Party Rise Again !

America’s greatest threat:

My vote goes to losing our private property rights. It is paramount to liberty and a bedrock of the Founders intent to guarantee freedom in America. It is under attack from a multitude of fronts. Some of it is likely unknowingly such as the response I’ve received on my post concerning corporate tax evasion. I see both conservatives and libertarians alike jumping in with the left with the view that the wealthy and the big corporations should pay more in taxes. This is a result of our deeply flawed system of taxation.

When you think of what is driving most of our elections and our differences in ideologies politically, it has its genesis in class warfare, envy and greed. Our two-party system only serves to magnify this as both parties push for big government. The fuel for their arguments is our wealth. You can throw out all of the window dressing as both parties have a different sales pitch, but they both have the same prize in mind. Both would also vehemently deny this accusation and place the blame at the feet of their opponents but the results don’t lie.

Be sure to read the rest.

Ryan’s Path to Prosperity Passes the House

Crochet Viking Costume

Late Friday Night Ramblings: Trump

Eat the Rich

Fleece: Power Of The Press

The goal is influence. And through influence, the exertion of power. The news media accurately understands the power they hold in America; in many ways a power much greater than any politician could dream of wielding. This power stems from our naiveté and the fact we truly have no other resource to get information about our society. If not the news, whom are we to trust? The politicians? Most people don’t even trust the guy they voted for. How about your friendly neighborhood bureaucrat? Yeah, thought so. The truth is, we have to rely on someone to tell us what is going on. None of us have the resources nor the time to sit in on press briefings. None of us have the influence to get an one-on-one interview with the President to ask him all the hardball questions we so want to. Thus, we are forced to rely on the people who do.

Headline of the day: Barney Frank Bares All In Playboy….Ugh!

From the Mail Bag… The new American dream

Obama and his Budget signing statements

CoF: Reclaiming the Republic from Democracy

WWTFT: Private Hosea Rogers

PR: Obama’s Deficit Reduction Plan – Raise Taxes

TWN: Japan equates nuclear crisis severity to Chernobyl

The Eye: It is Tax Day. Do You Know What Your Elected Officials Are Doing?

WyBlog: House Dems played Rope-A-Dope on John Boehner and Paul Ryan

Comments
  • fleeceme April 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

Hmm, a beard festival, that’s sort of creepy, lol. Who knew there were so many clubs for facial hair?

Thanks for the link and the extra-love of profiling it with a paragraph, very much appreciated. =)

• steve April 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

Ha!….. You are most welcome.

• Mike April 16, 2011 at 10:07 am

I should have entered that contest before I trimmed my beard. Thanks for the link.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 10:12 am

No beard here… You a very welcome.

• 5etester April 16, 2011 at 11:06 am

Thanks again Steve. Do we know if the beard and moustache championship is for men only? Just askin…

If that thought doesn’t scare you, I’ll bet that Barney Frank headline did.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Thanks. Now I have two frightening mental images stuck in my brain.

• Martin April 16, 2011 at 11:11 am

Thanks for the link Steve! I guess I’m in the club with my modest van Dyke and mustache. (My wife doesn’t go for the ZZ Top look.)

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I don’t know too many women that go for the ZZ Top look.

• LD Jackson April 16, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the link, Steve. I think I’ll stay clean shaven for now, thank you very much.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Your welcome. I’m with you, clean shaved… Well actually, weekend stubble today.

• John Carey April 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Nice theme Steve. The wife would never allow me to grow a beard. All I can have is this neatly groomed gotee. Thanks for the link. We greatly appreciate it.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm

No problem-o.

The Mrs. has been after me to grow a beard. I think she wants to cover up my mug.

• Christopher April 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm

The beard contest does sound like fun but must say venturing into Hamtramck does not as it resembles more of Damascus than it does Warsaw nowadays. (p.s., Just a goatee here)

Thanks for the link as well Steve, we all need to get energized as we move into 2012.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I haven’t been to Hamtramck in forever, but from what you and others have said I’m not really all that interested.

I agree, 2012 will be here before we know it.

• Jim at Conservatives on Fire April 16, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Thanks for the link. I really do appreciate it. I’ve just been reading some of your recent posts. Excellent work. Your catch in the China real estate bubble was a good one. You might want to take a look at the video in this peice at NoOneOf Any Import. It boggled my mind.
    I am adding MtorCityTimes to my blogroll. I’m only sorry it has taken me so long to find your site.

BTW. I grew-up in Fint, Michigan.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for the kind words and the add to your blogroll. I’ve added you to the MCT blogroll as well.

Thanks for again stopping by.

Flint is another sad example of liberalism as well.

• Bunkerville April 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Another great roundup.. and thanks once again for the linky.

• steve April 16, 2011 at 5:42 pm