Do these people think we are completely helpless?
Via Pat Dollard:
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has called on the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to review whether metal grill brushes are safe for consumer use, after reports that some metal bristles broke off the brush and were swallowed, sending two men to the hospital.
“Metal bristles are one topping no one wants on their burger this holiday season,” Schumer said Tuesday. “Grilling season should be a great time for the whole family, not a time to be worried about an emergency visit to the hospital.”
Schumer said men from New Jersey and Washington State were recently hospitalized after swallowing metal bristles that fell off their grill brushes. He said that reports indicate that similar incidents occurred nearly a dozen times over the last three years.
If Schumer and co. get their way, grilling tools will become more expensive.